Re: [Spridgets] Help - lots of long LBC

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Help - lots of long LBC
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:49:46 -0500
Of my many books on suspension development for race cars, Performance
Handling; How to Make Your Car Handle by Don Alexander and How to Make Your
Car Handle by Fred Puhn, Alexander spells it "castor" and Puhn spells it
"caster".  You are free to tell either of these experts that they don't know
what they are talking about.

I'm not that much of an expert.

My edition of Webster says that "castor" is the same as "caster".  He
probably doesn't know what he is talking about either.

LAD

P.S. In his book, Advanced Race Car Suspension Development, Steve Smith
spells it "caster", yet Alain Prost, the ex Formula One Champion of the
World, in his book, Competition Driving, calls it "castor".  Others,
including Paul Frere, Bob Bondurant and Jim Pagel (a guy I raced against
very successfully for years) don't help because they can't decide, either.
This is all so confusing.  Perhaps, you can tell me which of these guys
doesn't know what he (they) is (are) talking about and which does.

Thanks in advance for your help.