Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] Anyone have......... (no list

Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] Anyone have......... (no list
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 05:01:16 -0500
This is actually a Benjamin Sheridan C9A series. From what I have
learned, they offered 3 variants of the Silver Streak, .177, .20, and
.22. Crossman obtained the company a while back, and pulled the .20
out of the lineup. This may account for Wally World only carrying the
smallest and largest pellets.
The .20 caliber is very old, but this particular model is not. The way
I know is that they offer hooded peep sights for them. The older guns
need to be drilled and tapped, but mine already has that done, thus,
it is newer.
It is a multi pump gun, rather than a single pump. Comments about that
feature also abound on the reviews, but then, this is also good for
selecting the level of severity you wish to inflict on your target.
One or two pumps can put a sting on the neighbor cat's ass, or 5 or 6
pumps to kill yourself a new wheel chock.
These are rifled, so though I may be able to find a bearing to work, I
plan on using the lead pellets, so that I don't damage the riflings
with a steel on steel application
Oddly enough, www.cheaperthandirt.com still has the .20 for sale, in
silver and blued (I called). They also have pellets, but it is almost
$28 for 850 pellets. That just seems a bit high, thus my email to the
list.
The general consensus on many of the reviews I have read, is that the
.20 was a great caliber, as it had the power of the .22, but with a
flatter trajectory, due to the weight being closer to the .177.
I was also not aware that Walther (of PPK fame) also makes a pellet
rifle for match shooting, that is over $2000. JEEZ!! Get a REAL gun!!
Right Jim?? <BG>

My thanks to all of you for your many links and leads.

Brad

--
www.myspace.com/tequilabrad