Re: [Spridgets] halogen

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] halogen
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:21:12 -0500
> I'll amost agree with Derf on this one!
>
> If the Halogen bulbs are the same wattage as the incandescents they'll
> pull
> the same wattage.

However, most of us are looking for higher-wattage halogens when we do
this. Also bear in mind that these switches are 25 to 50 years old already
and the replacement ones won't even pretend to replicate that feat. Thus,
for me, it was an easy decision to install relays (like Lucas should have
done in the first place!) simply in the interest of extending the
fife-expectancy
of my original switches. Ever see a comment on this list about the quality
of replacement Bugeye switches??? I have.
David Lieb