Re: [Spridgets] My !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^& computer

To: herby@herbytoys.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] My !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^& computer
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:21:58 -0700
>Herby wrote:  "...the Osborne Executive 'portable'...and surfing the
>university BB's. And that was only 17 or so years ago!

On our university campus, Osbornes were truly faculty status symbols.
We had some PhD's who didn't know squat about computers, but had to be
seen carrying an Osborne around simply for the prestige of it all!  We
even had one physics professor who told me that computers would never do
anything, and that everything he "would ever need was right here"
(slapping the slide rule clipped to his belt).  But, because he was one
of the senior members of that department, he claimed one of the 20 I
bought, and carried it proudly.  Unfortunately, he retired five years
later and had never did learn how to operate the Osborne.