[Spridgets] Auto darkening Welding Shields

To: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Auto darkening Welding Shields
From: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:29:31 -0400
List,
Today I finally went to the local welding shop in a neighboring town and had
them hold a Lincoln MIG welder 135 (couldn't pick it up on my motorcycle) it
is last years model on sale about $100. off list ether way it is still
expensive at $465. but I was tired of bidding on eBay for one. It comes with
the gas gauges & hoses & I'll have to purchase the gas cylinder as an extra
purchase.
I laughed at the hand held shield that came with the welder and asked to see
some better shields so the sales man (son of owner of store)  showed me an
auto darkening shield and gave me a demo of how they work and I was so
impressed with how quickly they activate with a spark he produced as they
operate with a solar cell to darken (Reaction time: 0.005 second on eBay
model)  but the cheapest one he had is $150. and I told him I would take
one. When I got home I thought I would check on eBay and see they are
selling the shields for and was surprised that they are selling between $25.
and $60. Are the eBay auto darkening shields any good? The one I am looking
at right now states it meets ANSE Z87 standards. 170122073859 .
Lin

62 California Sprite "Pinky"
www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner