[Spridgets] engine timing

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] engine timing
From: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 05:30:52 -0700 (PDT)
One year ago this weekend I put my '62 in the garage
and started an upgrade. I'm now to the point I can try
starting the rebuilt 1275 I put in it. I'll apologize
in advance for the many stupid questions I'll pose
while going through this process.

True to the amateur I am, I've changed so many
components it may prove difficult to determine where
my problem lays. New Weber 45, new cam, new
alternator, new electonic distributor to name those
relevant to current problem.

Right now the engine will turn over smoothly, but only
fire on a single cylinder every 4 or 5 revolutions.
The block was re-assembled by a good shop, so I'm
going to assume cam timing is at least close enough to
run.

I rolled the engine to #1 piston at TDC, then checked
to make certain the distributor was postioned close to
the #1 terminal, and then the wires were 1342. Just to
double check...is the #1 cylinder the one furthest
from the firewall?

Where can a dummy find some more engine timing trouble
shooting tips?

Joe
62 Sprite

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/