Re: [Spridgets] Compressor Power

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Compressor Power
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:12:42 -0700 (PDT)
Frank,
     Let me explain fully.  Yes, there is a red reset button on the motor
and it is not tripped.  I opened the pressure switch box and the
points work fine mechanically and are not burnt.  They look like
shiny copper.  The way the power is setup for this compressor is thru
the laundry room 220 dryer wall recepticle (220V-3 prong) and a 4
foot extension cord made by an electrician friend of mine with the
large correct 3 prong connectors.  This connects to a 4 foot pig tail
from the pressure switch that ends in a 3 prong 220 volt connector.
The compressor says 240 volts on a label on the tank.  I am leaning
towards a bad circuit breaker as it has tripped a few times trying to
make the compressor work, but no longer trips at all.  I have a
digital VOM that can measure 220V AC, so I need to see if there is
power coming out of the 4 foot extension cord from the wall and then
the wall if not.  If ther is power ther, then the problem lies with
the compressor (pressure switch?)  Heck, just to inflate 4 tires!  I
got better things to do on my vacation that ends Sunday night.
Mike

Frank Clarici