Re: [Spridgets] Do you trust Chinese goods?

To: "Spridgets@autox.team.net" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Do you trust Chinese goods?
From: "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:04:55 +0000
Hello,

> The U.K. is also experiencing a need to recall items manufactured in China,
and theirs may be of a greater scale than here.  It is obviously a world-wide
problem that is now out of control.  The London Telegraph is asking, "Do you
still trust Chinese goods."

I manufacture products in China, and the truth of the matter is, they will do
anything to make an extra buck or two... (actually, most of the manufacturers
are acually tawaneese, but with factory in china)....
They will use recycles plastics (that end up breacking when used
inapropriately), lower cost material anyplace they can (tooth paste scandal,
lead paint stuff, the exploding capacitors of 4 to 5 years ago)... If you do
not specify exactly what you want, they will use it to their advantage, if you
do specify it, they might still cheat...

I mean, we are talking about a country where you can "rent" a "model"
manufacturing plant for a day to show your non-chineese customer how great
your manufacturing plant is, how clean and how happy the employes are... And
then go and manufacture in your sweat shop....

Ho, and they know EXACTLY the quality of what they produce, they are very good
at grading "copies" by quality on the first look/touch...

cyrille