[Spridgets] Clutch, Pressure Plates and Roller Bearing

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Clutch, Pressure Plates and Roller Bearing
From: Franks <franks97@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:20:25 -0700
On 8/20/07 4:19 PM, "spridgets-request@autox.team.net"
<spridgets-request@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Anybody using a roller?  If so, do you have a manufacturer's name and
> model #?  How long have you had it in service?
>

> Kevin

I use a roller type in my race Sprite. I bought it from Mini Mania seven
years ago and it is still going strong. I am in he process of replacing the
clutch as it went away during the Sunday race at the Portland Historics.
Paul A. is sourcing me one with a Kevlar material. Several of my fellow
Spridget racers have had problems with pressure plate failures. I am
considering using the one that I took out. It is about four years old and
seems to be in good condition. Any thoughts on that?

--
David Franks
franks97@verizon.net