Re: [Spridgets] Removal of rear axle

To: "Mark A. O'Neil" <mark.a.oneil@Dartmouth.EDU>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Removal of rear axle
From: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:40:13 -0500
Mark,
         Briefly.... the axle IS held on by that screw...and the 4
wheel studs and nuts. Not to worry. But the axle does just pull out,
and that's OK.

         Removal of the bearing, if you're so inclined, can be
accomplished by buying/renting a wheel puller and fabricating a way
to use it......  OR.  installing the brake drum on inside out and
smacking it smartly with a large hammer, preferably rubber, whilst
rotating it. Once you've gotten the retaining nut off and the tab
washer. (and the left side is LH threads)

Peter C
==

At 07:37 AM 8/23/2007, Mark A. O'Neil wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Earlier this week I wrote asking about a rear wheel wobble on my '79
>spridget. Turns out it was not the rim,

WHAT WAS IT?