[Spridgets] Cables in general, choke specifically

To: "Spridget List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Cables in general, choke specifically
From: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:35:40 -0500
So wise ones, tell me about cables, choke cables, pulled not turned.

Does it matter how long the cable is? I mean, if a choke cable is too
long, it seems to pull less effectively.  Is that true? I have a
cable that I really like, but it doesn't actuate the choke until the
very end of travel. If I were to shorten it, which I can do, will it
move the choke more effectively? I'd rather not experiment if it may
not work. The cable is probably 10 inches too long and it seems that
when I pull the cable tries to move aiming for a straight line, which
a shorter cable would do.

So, should a cable be as short as possible?

Thanks

Peter C.