[Spridgets] A find

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] A find
From: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:27:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

I havent been on the list for a while due to my crazy
work schedule (I work at a Post Production company in
Hollywood) and a recent acquisition, a 1949 Philco
Television (Model 50-T702, under current restoration)
has taken me away from the Spridget realm.  However,
today I decided to go junkyard hunting, due to the
fact I had the day off and wanted some R&R.  I found
and bought a 5 Speed trans from a 1980 Datsun 210,
since I've been wanting to start that conversion, now
I have the main piece.  I'm thrilled.  In the
intensive heat, with the assistance of three of my
buddies, we were able to get it out quite smoothly.

Just wanted to share that.  I do have a second spare
smoothcase transmission available if any locals are
interested. (I live in Tustin, Orange County Ca).

Mike Rivers
1961 MG Midget 1275