Re: [Spridgets] Sale dates vs. Manufacturer dates

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sale dates vs. Manufacturer dates
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 21:28:29 -0700
Gerard wrote:    ...but most, if not all DMV's go by ....sell date....To me,
using sell dates is just historically incorrect....

How would a DMV, especially in the pre-computer era, determine what was or was
not historically correct.  In my case, the Tennessee DMV went by the date
provided to them by the manufacturer or dealer, which in my case was 1960, the
date it was imported into the U.S.  The job DMV's were being paid to do was
legally register titles to vehicles, not to research and determine historically
accurate information.  Why, even today, people disagree when cares were
manufactured.

Buster