[Spridgets] rivergate kit and hitachi (isuzu) starter

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] rivergate kit and hitachi (isuzu) starter
From: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 12:53:01 +1000 (EST)
G'day,
  I am currently using an hitachi starter from a Holden (isuzu) Gemini, which I
think was released as a chev compact also , around an '81-83 model.
  The starter is great, and cost all of twenty five bucks... the only bad thing
is how close it comes to fouling the footwell, with only a few mm clearance.
  I believe some listers have tried to fit these or other starters
unsuccessfully for this clearance problem.
  I am wondering if any of you use this type of starter, specifically with the
rivergate kit..? I am worried there may be a clearance issue.
   Now that I think sensibly about it, if I lay the old backing plate over the
new one I should get a clue... what the hell, I'll click send anyway.
  have a good weekend
  Andy

Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it
now.