[Spridgets] EFI 1275

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] EFI 1275
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:45:44 -0700
The first week of the EFI Sprite project went well.  I ordered and received
the kit for the controller and test circuit.  The kits are very complete and
went together over the last three evenings.  The controller works great.  I
found and revived a laptop PC to use as a diagnostic data logger in the
passenger seat.  I loaded up the tuning software and got the computer and EFI
controller to talk to each other.  I scavenged a throttle body and got the
cable assembled that will go from the controller to all the injectors and
sersors.

This weekend I will try to select a fuel pump and regulator (~20-40 LBS should
do it for TBI) and pick out a pair of injectors(44lb/hr) and the other
temperature sensors.  If things keep flowing along this well, I may be ready
to breadboard the whole rig in a week or two.  Then the real work will be to
design and fabricate a short tube between the throttle body and turbo that
will hold the two injectors aimed down the throat of the turbocharger.  I
think this will be the most crucial thing to get right.  If I can get good
atomization in a "wet" manifold, the siamese ports won't be an issue.  My hope
is that the spinning vanes of the turbo will guarantee good atomization.

One problem is that Bugsy is running great right now and it makes me wonder
why I bother.  The simple answer is "Its FUN!!"

Glen Byrns