Re: [Spridgets] Rollbar and Spridget Safety

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rollbar and Spridget Safety
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:07:06 -0700
With all of this talk about roll bars and safety, I am taken back to the
halcyon days of the Golden Age of sports cars.  Before a SCCA race, someone
would rent a pipe bender, and out behind Small Car Motors we would all pitch in
to help the newest Juan Manuel Fangio or challenger to Sterling Moss.
Beginning with a piece of galvanized pipe (hmmm, was that 2" or 3"?), we would
bend it and weld it to fit.  I think the final step was the Wrigley's Spearmint
gum to hold it in place.  And they passed SC CA tech inspections in a breeze.

Buster Evans