Re: [Spridgets] Rotor quality problems

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rotor quality problems
From: "Brent Wolf" <wolf.brent@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:54:27 -0400
Tim,

I don't know for certain, but I think what is happening is that the rotors
are built to poor tolerances and they fit on the rotor shaft a little to
tight. When they heat up a bit, they develop a hair line crack = direct
short to shaft.

This particular rotor I have been running for about 2 years, (my car sat
idle for 9 months of that), however, I did notice that the rotor was
difficult to remove.  Can I see a crack? No.  I have used my multimeter to
try to see if I could find a current path - no luck.

I was unable to get a replacement rotor last night. I will have one tonight
and if it fires - we will know for sure.  I have replaced and/or verified
every other part.

Brent