Re: [Spridgets] wheel bearings Follow-up

To: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] wheel bearings Follow-up
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:47:34 -0500
So let me guess, you took all the data and asked yourself, "How can I
possibly F this up the worst?" The answer that sprang to mind seems to have
been, "I will look at each piece of advice and pick something that person
told me not to do and do it." That way, when the whole thing is completely
F'ed up, I can blame all of them.

I agree that the spacer has no precision and therefore less than zero value
UNLESS it is being used with the ball bearings which need it. If you really
want to use the spacer, use the ball bearings. If you are going to go to
roller bearings, use them the way they were intended and ditch the spacer.
Make your choice. If you insist on using the spacer, it accomplishes nothing
unless it is torqued into place, so either torque it down or ditch it and
set your end float.

You remind me of the old Mark Twain line about a camel being a horse
designed by a committee!!! Please tell me you are NOT going to race on this
kludge...
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget