Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... Oil Filter

To: "Peter C" <peter@nosimport.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... Oil Filter
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:10:09 -0700 (PDT)
Speaking of oil filters.  When I posted last week of the huge oil leak and
overpressure on my 1275 Bugeye, it was right after I changed the oil and
filter.  The oil that I took out was Penrite Break in oil (30 wt) and it
had a STP filter.  I put in Penrite HPR 30 (SAE 20W-60) and used a filter
that cross referenced from a filter recommendation thru the archives.  I
also found an MGB spring in the oil pressure relief valve.  The MGB spring
relieves at 70 PSI and the 1275 spring is supposed to relieve at 50, but
most springs you buy are 60 PSI.  Not that for off from 70.  DO you think
the filter played a part in the over pressure?  What spin on filters are
you guys using?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite (Horrendously marking it's territory)
56 BN2