[Spridgets] Coil Springs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Coil Springs
From: "Mark A. O'Neil" <mark.a.oneil@Dartmouth.EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:45:55 -0400
In the "What the heck do I have here and can I use them?" category....

I picked up a set of coil springs cheap cause mine were perceived as
pretty crusty.

Now that I have an old one out as part of the suspension rebuild, I
notice that the 'new' one is about 3/8 inch shorter and also that it
appears a god deal more stiff (that's right I said stiff).

  I can get 'manual' - meaning squeeze - compression out of both but
much less out of the shorter coil than the original.

Other than a lower more stiff ride anything else I should be
concerned about? Should I just put the old one back in and run it til
something breaks?

-m