Re: [Spridgets] Airguns - No LBC

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Airguns - No LBC
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:01:32 -0700 (PDT)
Sorta.  Moss can't find any oil pressure relief springs because the bin
with the spring part number has connecting rod bolt washers in it.  They
have sent 2 washers so far.  They have no idea where the oil pressure
relief springs could be.  APT is out of stock on the springs, but Phil
gave me a used spring with the correct free length, so I put it in.   The
oil pressure dropped to read just above 60 at 3000 rpm and just below 40
at idle, but, and this is a big but, my pressure gage read low the last
time I checked it against a calibrated gage by 15 PSI.  I will have to
check it again to see if it has changed.  The bigger problem now is losing
oil at the rate of 1 quart for 20 minutes of driving.  There was a slight
leak when this all started, but since I changed the oil and filter it got
worse.  I mangled the STP oil filter I removed trying to get it off the
Moss after market adapter.  Couple this to the fact that Gerard told me he
had to do some grinding on the adapter to get it to fit against the block.
 I'm betting the Moss adapter may be at the root of all of the problems.
I need to put a stock spin on filter setup on the 1275 and see what
difference it makes before I start to yank the engine for disassembly.
See, sorta sorted.
Mike

Robert E. Shlafer