Re: [Spridgets] Early next month I'll go hunting for the metal scrap

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Early next month I'll go hunting for the metal scrap
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:27:31 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com> wrote:
> in size) what are the chances that it could go down
> the push-rod hole
> and make it all the way into the oil pan?

It could be anywhere. Last year I had a cotter pin
break off the end of a rocker shaft. It happened at
the track and I pulled the head, cleaned everything as
best we could, tried all the magnet tricks and came up
with nothing. After a weekend of mysteriously changing
valve clearances (I assumed I was wiping a cam lobe),
I disassembled everything and found 1/2 the pin
against the oil screen and the other half sitting in a
lifter cup under a pushrod that I had removed at the
track and "magneted".

So...my recommendation is to disassemble and
reassemble. It really doesn't take more than a few
hours and winter's coming.

Ron
http://mail.yahoo.com