Re: [Spridgets] The SoCal Fires

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The SoCal Fires
From: Rick Snover <ricksnover@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:13:59 -0700
At 11:37 AM 10/23/2007, David Lieb wrote:
>I guess now we need to figure out who else lives in that area that has not
>yet chimed in.

I'm OK in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego... Thought when they evac'd
Scripps Ranch yesterday that my neighborhood would be next, but not so far...

Heard from Bob Kitterer yesterday that he's also personally OK, but his
where his cars are stored may be in harm's way.

At 12:47 PM 10/23/2007, Paul Asgeirsson wrote:
>Jacques le Clainche for one.  Last big fire like this a few years back
>came within about 1 1/2 blocks of his place.  That might be sort of a
>virtue as there would be less to burn around him.
>But if he had to evacuate, not likely he would be checking the list.

Haven't heard much from Jacques since he sold his BE... If I remember
correctly, his place is somewhere north of La Mesa and so is not being
directly threatened this time, yet.

Rick
--
Rick Snover, San Diego, CA, USA
Vice President (Membership), Newsletter Editor (Interim) & Web Master