Re: [Spridgets] manifold for 1.75" SU

To: "Andy Webster" <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] manifold for 1.75" SU
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:52:39 -0700 (PDT)
Andy,
     Apt (www.aptfast.com) here in California sells the correct manifold
for the HIF 1.75 carb for a Sprite. (see picture of HIF44 on my
Bugeye attached) It has the correct angle so the bonnet does not come
in cantact with the dashpot cover.  Also see the APT web site picture
of the Titan intake manifold they sell for $159.00 USD:
http://tinyurl.com/23cw8y
No financial interest, yada yada, yada.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Andy Webster
> Greetings,
>   is anyone running a 1.5" or 1.75" SU on their spridget?
>   If so, what manifold did you use?
>   All of the mini manifolds I have seen look like the dashpot will foul
> the bonnet on a sprite.
>   Is there a way to make it work?
>   adaptor?
>   grind away the water heating pipe and mount the manifold upside-down?
>   Is there an aftermarket manifold made for this purpose?
>   cheers
>   Andy

DSCF0096.JPG]