Re: [Spridgets] The ultimate Ching, Chang, Chow

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Spridget List"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The ultimate Ching, Chang, Chow
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:47:11 -0000
When in China a couple of years back there was a building that had the look
of a Mid C17 structure but had a fresh looking finish, next to a walled
city.   Knowing the walled city was also surrounded in C17 I asked the guide
why the building had not been enclosed with the rest of the town.  "Oh, the
building only finished two months ago, it is a good antique though, it looks
just right." It was a new building.

Similarly when visiting the Terra Cotta Army there is a factory that makes
'Genuine Terra Cotta Army soldiers' around 30mins bus ride away.  Life size,
they'll export anywhere in the world and you can watch your soldier or
general being made.  It does make me wonder just how many of those you see
at Emperor Qin's tomb are for real and how many were transported there from
the factory.

There seems to be little honesty in the Chinese soul when it comes to
selling or representing anything outside China.

Guy R Day