Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] RE: Lucas side entry cap

To: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] RE: Lucas side entry cap
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 20:44:22 -0500
Brad,

It they are original old Bakelite you are probably seeing the brownish color
of the resin and saw dust.  I have had some success with black shoe polish
which will dye the exposed area and shine them up.  I have used liquid shoe
polish to get the color back and then the Kiwi tin to get a soft shine.  Big
Healey Trafficators are made of Bakelite and will turn brown when exposed to
the sun, as they all are.

Mark
Nashville
http://www.arrestmered.com