Re: [Spridgets] Rusty RIP

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rusty RIP
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 23:20:17 -0800
Last month I needed a flashlight so I grabbed the Maglight out of the
toolbox and it did not work. So put that on the workbench and got the one
upstairs and that failed to light up also.  I know I replaced all the
batteries in all my flashlights last December as that was when we were
without power for 5 days.  When I opened them up to replace the batteries I
found the the batteries had corroded and were stuck in both Maglights.  I
was really annoyed since the batteries had only been in the flashlights for
9 months.  I wrote a letter to Duracell and explained what happened.  I
about 10 days they sent me a check to cover the cost of 2 new Maglights and
2 coupons for 8 free batteries each.  They stood by their product and I was
happy in the end.  It would have been better if they did not fail at all,
but when it came time to purchase more AA batteries I purchased Duracells.

-g