Re: [Spridgets] Fw: Help With An MG Midget

To: Jack Laird <jlaird237@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fw: Help With An MG Midget
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 07:10:12 -0500
A number of years ago, when I left my key at the bottom of the
Atlantic, I could not get a blank. Remember this is a different key
than any of them dumb older cars.

So I took the lock apart (you have to drill out the 2 screws that hold
it in - anti theft device) and took out the tumblers. You could start
it with a screwdriver. At the time, no one was making locks for the
1500 either. Then o and behold, some one started making new locks for
the 1500, so I got's me one. I am pretty sure the number is on the
lock, but it is not easy to find. I think it is behind the little
chrome cover on the cylinder where the key fits in..

Take the shroud off and drill out the 2 screws and it kind just lifts
off.  Once you have it out, there is a little lock screw that holds
the actual cylinder in place.

Larry

--

Larry Macy