Re: [Spridgets] Of immigrants and oligarchs

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Of immigrants and oligarchs
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:57:36 -0600
> Were it not for the escape valve to the north, those who would not
> "cheerfully accept poverty" would revolt and bring down the oligarchy!  In
> trudging northward, the very elements that could improve Mexico's society
> have instead left it.  In allowing that unfettered invasion, the U.S. is
> complicit in allowing the oligarch to ignore the plight of the people who
> remain.

A rich country does not mean that its people do not live in poverty. My
argument still stands.
Unfortunately, the days when the weapons of the populace could stand a
chance against the weapons of the military are long gone. Like it or not,
the "right to bear arms" was the right of revolution. Like it or not, it WAS
intended to cover machine guns, etc. It still is not enough. All the
Mexicans who have walked to our country would not be adequate to "revolt and
bring down the oligarchy". They would simply be dead Mexicans instead of a
vital part of our economy.
David Lieb