[Spridgets] Front Suspension Re-assembly

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Front Suspension Re-assembly
From: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 10:27:11 -0500
Ages ago, I purchased a King Pin Kit for my '66 Sprite. Today I am
finally unpacking things and getting ready to reassemble parts. I
noticed that the Kit contains two O-rings, one with a circular cross
section and the other with a rectangular cross section. I am assuming
that these are used (both of them) in place of the single "sealing
ring" mentioned in my Intereurope repair manual. The manual says
about disassembly, ". . .then remove the bevelled cork sealing ring
at the bottom of the swivel axle pin." The only cork rings in the Kit
are for the fulcrum pin seals. So do I stack the o-rings and use them
in place of the special beveled cork sealing ring? btw, the cork
rings seem to be the same size, not large and small as mentioned in
the manual.

Tim Collins