Re: [Spridgets] Door Hinge question, please advise...

To: "'Monty Love'" <cmlove@knology.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Door Hinge question, please advise...
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:33:51 -0500
Monty,
Without seeing a photo of it, it would be difficult to say, exactly.
There are some "aftermarket" replacement panels out there that tend to
interpret the original panels pretty "loosely".  (One of)The true beauty
of the Spridget is that you can still buy virtually every body panel you
need from stock produced on the original tooling.  Sure, it'll cost you
a bit more (especially now, with the dollar falling), but, I like to
think that the labor-saving, derived from parts that FIT, more than
offsets the extra cost of the British Motor Heritage produced (the REAL
thing) panels.
Now, Moss may try to tell you that this panel or that panel is "not made
anymore".  Simply go to the BMH website (http://www.bmh-ltd.com/ ) and
find what you need.  Then, find a US or Canadian Brit car parts vendor
who'll order it for you.
The door hinge post/A-post, outer sill & rear quarter areas are prone to
rusting (understating the obvious, here), and, if not repaired properly,
will shout to the world (or, at least those of us who know what it
should look like) that whomever did the work is a putz.  So, take your
time, here, and make sure you don't "paint yourself into a corner".
Bud Osbourne