[Spridgets] No Compression

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] No Compression
From: "Patrick Elliott" <pelliott@innercite.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:39:00 -0800
Having a leak down compression tester really comes in handy in these cases.
You get to listen for where the air is escaping.  Out the carb? Bad intake
valve, out the exhaust pipe? Bad or stuck exhaust valve,  Out the crankcase?
Bad rings or broken piston.

But if you don't have one, I'd start with: back off both valve adjusters and
stick my air hose nozzle tight into the spark plug hole and blow. If it's
coming out the exhaust, tap a bit on the top of the exhaust valve, sometimes
you can break up the carbon around the stem and get them to seat.

Patrick Elliott
www.SyilAmerica.com