Re: [Spridgets] clutch slave connection

To: "vern@srvinet.com" <vern@srvinet.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] clutch slave connection
From: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:54:54 -0600
It's a little more complicated than that.  Which trans? Which
clutch?  The 1275 slave is a larger bore (1") than the 1098/948
(7/8"). The release bearings are different among the 3. The 1275
slave requires a larger diameter pipe.. 1/4" ..than the earlier cars
with their rigid 3/16". The 1275 slave must use the rubber hose and
the copper gasket, whereas the earlier use the usual 3/8-24 single flare pipe.

Ideally, with a 1275 engine trans and slave, you should have the
larger pipe... makes for a much better pedal and correct throw of the
slave. That means you need to get an adapter for 1/4 pipe with it's
7/16-20 end to go into the 3/8-24 hole in the master.  The 1275
clutch masters have that adapter as stock. The rubber hose takes the
7/16-20 single flare directly.

Peter
====