Re: [Spridgets] Colorado weather

To: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Colorado weather
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 15:40:30 -0800
Robert Duquette wrote:  "You know ... if you keep talking like that ...
you're just going to end up with a lot of "us" down there.  Is that what
you really want?"

Hey, if we have an open date, you're welcome.  The mayor of Anaheim and the
Chamber of Commerce hate people like us.  "These people," said the mayor in
the newspaper, "are hurting the economy of Anaheim [by depriving the hotels
and motels business]."  You see, our dastardly deed is welcoming people to
and stay with us.  No charge.  A mile west of Disneyland, watch the
fireworks from our pool and spa, use our VW van, eat our food.  One year,
we had a steady stream of visitors from the middle of March until the end
of August.  I would take one family to one terminal at LAX, then pick up
another family at another terminal!  We just happen to think people are
great, and thoroughly enjoy having them here.  Last May, Frank and I stayed
with other Spridget folks, Alan and Pam East-Jones and Jim and Vicki Lodder
while we were in England.  Later, they came over here and stayed with us.
I have never figured out how much money and taxes we "cost" the hotels and
motels, as well as the City of Anaheim.  But damn, its fun!

Buster Evans