[Spridgets] EFI bugeye

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] EFI bugeye
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 07:58:12 -0800
Its been a long two weeks as I burned out the first wide-band O2 sensor, redid
all the firewall-to-bonnet wiring harness to incorporate the new wires and
look neat.  Last night I got the first engine start with the ignition
activated.  Now the Megasquirt is in control of the fuel AND the spark.  Its
back to the books tonight as I study up on designing a "perfect" timing table
for a turbocharger engine.  I can set in timing values for RPM from 500 to
7000, and for manifold pressure from 10Kpa to 170Kpa (thats from idle to 10lbs
boost).

So far, I plan on about 9deg. around idle, about 32deg pushing hard, dropping
to 22deg at high boost and RPM.  Suggestions from anyone with experience in
timing curves on the A-series would be greatly appreciated.

On a separate front, my wife just bought my Christmas gift(which I can't play
with yet!!! but she'll never know I snuck into her closet and played with it
while she was out of the house this weekend).  Its a direct tie -in to Lake of
the Ozarks.  A nice big-screen GPS that will navigate me along the secondary
routes and point out exciting Points-of-interest along the way.  Wouldn't want
to miss "another roadside attraction", like the world's largest ball of string
or the museum of crochet while rushing off to Spridgetland.  And I can enter
waypoints for every spridget I see rotting in backyards and driveways as I
cross the US next spring, shopping for the next checkbook hemorrhage.

Glen Byrns