[Spridgets] cool tool find

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] cool tool find
From: "Charlie Shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 22:48:38 -0600
Hello all!

While not directly spridget related, this is certainly a tool that you could
use.  I was rebuilding my father's yamaha golf cart and the threads on the end
of the crank became really messed up (another story).  I worked on filing and
it was hopeless.  I kept thinking surely there is a tool for this.

I found a product called "Chase 'em Back" it is a die that is hinged, to allow
you to place the die on the shaft and then back over the damaged threads. How
ingenious!  They have many kits for sale but I only needed a 16x1mm die,
called them and they are 16.00, I ordered it on wednesday and it arrived in
the mail today from California.  How about that for quick!  It works as
advertised as well, You can use a T-handle or a 1 1/4 socket to work the die.
I am a very happy customer indeed, do a google search and check them out.  I'm
sure when I start my Bugeye project back up I'll find my self ordering a
complete set of die's for just such needs.

Merry Christmas,

Charlie in frozen Oklahoma

59 Sprite

It has removed 1941 spam emails to date.