Re: [Spridgets] primers....thinking out loud

To: "'Robert E. Shlafer'" <pilotrob@webtv.net>, "'Frank Clarici'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] primers....thinking out loud
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:26:43 -0500
O.K. you guys.  You got the ol' wheels turning.  When I stopped by my
supplier, yesterday afternoon, to pick up some additional stuff for my
Midgets, we discussed at length the various attributes of the urethane
enamel vs. the base coat-clear coat enamels and lacquer.  To sum it up,
it looks like I may be a single stage, urethane enamel convert
(Frank's...and other's....advice to me, in the first place).
While I could be VERY comfortable with a base coat-clear coat acrylic
lacquer on this Glacier White car, getting a good match for my MkI's
Dove Gray/Smoke Gray via mail-order from the Left Coast was making me
more than a bit nervous (not to mention the thought of a repair, in the
future).  So, since white is pretty forgiving, that would be the best
car to try my first urethane enamel job on.  By the time I get to the
MkI, I should be fairly comfortable with it.
Bud Osbourne