Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] Anyone care to host photos?

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] Anyone care to host photos?
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:13:35 -0600
Many folks are thinking that I have a problem with my carbs. I just wanted
to know what the original patina was, polish, or matte. I didn't know, I now
know that the matte finish that I have, is what I was wanting. I do NOT want
a polished carb, if it was not that way on the showroom floor.
Also, I am not being this anal, because I am going concours. I am being this
anal, because I am an ass, and I just want the engine to be right. The early
68, was an entity unto itself, for the 6 months that the engine had the
"flying saucer" AND the smog pump. It has been an interesting puzzle,
putting it all together. I know that some parts don't have the correct date
stamp on them, and I will correct that as I can garner the bits. But again,
it is for ME, not for some judge that doesn't know me, or I care to meet.
Under the bonnet won't be pristine either, as the car is now red, and it was
originally white. I am not going to paint under the bonnet, but I will
remove the 40 years of oil that have accumulated.
I am not here to try and knock Joe's work. Again, I was not certain of the
patina, and I wanted someone other than the shop that did them, to offer up
their observations. Try going to a swap meet, and asking "Is that valve
cover for a 67 Sprite?" You KNOW that guy wants to sell it, so more often
than not, you'll get a resounding YES!!! So I wanted to get opinions and
memories on the patina. I thank all of you that have responded, and I am
satisfied that Joe did exactly what I was wanting. I did think that they
would have been prettier, I'd be lying if I didn't say this. But these cars
were built to drive, not to show. The polished carbs must have come along
later, with such additions as a W E S L A K E valve cover.

Thanks to all

Brad

--
www.myspace.com/tequilabrad