Re: [Spridgets] Big online / live auction

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Big online / live auction
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:30:37 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
To: "Lester" <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>; "Spridgets"
<spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 6:37 AM

> How did the yellow car do??

Well, to tell the truth, thanks to Hal Faulkner posting here that the car
was on Craig's List, I decided that this was the Bugeye that wasn't going to
get away. So, instead of driving my Midget out to San Diego and back (about
4200 miles round trip), I am going to save a thousand miles by flying out to
Reno with Trish, driving the Bugeye down PCH to San Diego, then driving home
from there. Fortunately Crash was willing to keep the car there until 2/19
when we pick it up. For the first time in my life I now own a car that is
older than I am.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
1960 RWA Bugeye

Congratulations, David.  That reminds me of my 925 mile get-acquainted ride
home from Baltimore with my A60 Pickup.  Although some thought I was nuts
for doing that on my own with a 40 year old vehicle that I had never seen
before, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it again.  It looks like you
are in for a bit longer of a trip, though.  Are you going to take Route 66
to get home?  Perfect time to do it.

I picked up a bunch of spares from Peter C. and put together two tool bags
full of tools and parts.  As I expected, the airlines had a field day
tearing it all apart to see what all of that electrical wire and odd shaped
stuff on the x-rays was.

Anyhow, enjoy your trip and your new car.

Larry