Re: [Spridgets] Steam cleaning

To: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Steam cleaning
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:05:03 -0600
Hmmmm.....   My experience is that it makes a huge difference. The hotter
the better. Everything I have ever pressure washed with cold water has left
behind a greasy, oily film. Subject it to HOT pressure wash and it comes
quite clean but still a little oil/grease here and there. Steam (which is
hotter than boiling water) gets it even cleaner. It only leaves oil/grease
in a few nooks and crannies.

Just my $.02
Cheers!!
Jim

On Jan 13, 2008 11:27 AM, Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm only 5 feet from the washers hot water supply, but like you, I don't
> see
> that it would make that dramatic a difference.
> Plus, the wife is doing laundry today...
>
> On Jan 13, 2008 9:58 AM, Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > It is simple to run garden hoses from the nearest sink to supply a power
> > washer with hot but not steamy water.  The fitting required is available
> in
> > any hardware store.  Would the improvement over cold water be enough to
> > justify the hassle?  Is the $80-$100 expense of a small power washer
> worth
> > the improvement over cold water from a garden nozzle?  Just how hard is
> it
> > to get a greasy surface clean enough to paint?  Never tried it.
> >
> > Michael Rowe
> > Long Island, NY
> >

> --
> www.myspace.com/tequilabrad

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!

For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>