Re: [Spridgets] BB King (no lbc)

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] BB King (no lbc)
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:57:39 -0800 (PST)
"I saw him a number of times back in the 60s when I was on the folk music
circuit. Even was on the same stage with him a few times and opened his shows
once or twice in England. "

  I'm about half way through Eric Clapton's autobiography right now (excellent
reading, by the way) and he has mentioned BB a few times in the text - always
with words of praise and admiration.  I saw BB a few years ago in Nashville and
was absolutely blown away.  I play a CD or two from both of them at least once
a week.  One of my favorite CD's now is "Riding with the King" which features
them both.

   - David

Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com> wrote:
  A lot of the time we
played to empty houses. Whodda thunk it?! I will add that if you get a
chance to see Taj Mahal or Keb Mo you should also do so. Some guy named
"Zoom" is rumored to be pretty good on a guitar too...... ;-)
--
Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City

You are subscribed as tncarnut1@yahoo.com