Re: [Spridgets] Ignition fault - Lucas electronic DM system

To: Weslake1330@aol.com, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ignition fault - Lucas electronic DM system
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:57:14 -0800
FWIW... I've been in the electronics game for over 50 years...
Your symptoms are very indicative of a poor electrical solder joint or a
hairline break in a wire.
It gets hot... the connection opens...
It cools down, the connection is made until it gets hot again...
Standard trouble shooting practrice use to be to blow very cold air (like
from the cans of "Dust Off") on various bits and pieces and see which one
is the culprit..

On 14 Jan 2008 at 13:33, Weslake1330@aol.com wrote:

>>   I can understand a temperature related failure but NOT how it
>> recovers until the next time.  Also after breaking down at about 10
>> minutes it will then for an hour or more.

-
Dave G, KK7SS
'65 MKIII Sprite, Richland, WA