Re: [Spridgets] Soda Blasting

To: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Soda Blasting
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:26:56 -0800
 Eastwood sells a very (I MEAN VERY) expensive kit which consists of a
few standard plumbing parts to convert a sand blaster to soda blaster,
the difference is in the valving, soda requires much smaller valves as
the powder is so fine, at least that is what I was told :)

  The soda blaster I got has much finer controls than the sand blaster I
am used to, I am sure a sand blaster would work but I believe you would
not be able to control the soda enough and would waste a lot, at least
that is what I was led to believe.  I got a blaster instead of
converting because I did not own a sandblaster, my sandblaster although
it has been here for over a decade is not mine, its a loaner from a
friend, he is getting his sand blaster back now that I will soda from
now on, his wife will hate one more "piece of junk" in the garage  (her
words) but I no longer need it.

    mike