Re: [Spridgets] what's the story on Moss' "repro Mini-Lite

To: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] what's the story on Moss' "repro Mini-Lite
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:51:58 -0800 (PST)
Bud,
     The Mini-lite repros (Minators) that Moss sells are an O.K. wheel.
The Panasports are a much more high quality and you pay for it.  You
might consider Superlites from Australia.  You might contact Barry
Knickerbocker of Pack Racing Products.  http://tinyurl.com/3y22et
They are a little more than I paid a few years ago, but they come with the
correct lug nuts for your Midget or Sprite.  The Minators seat int he
recess for the lug nut is just a machined surface of the same material as
the wheel.  They have been known to crack if over tightened.  The
Superlites have a steel insert in th e recess for the lug nut.  It
prevents galling and cracking.  The wheel justs look better than the Moss
repros.  I can send you a close up picture of the Super lites I have on my
car.  Compare it to a Minator.  I have a set on my Bugeye with 170/70r15s
and I do not have "rubbing" issues.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2