[Spridgets] Huffaker tube frame racer soon to be for sale

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Huffaker tube frame racer soon to be for sale
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 15:43:03 -0500
Several months ago, my former racing partner and close friend Jim
Wangler died quite unexpectedly.  He had always told his wife that, in
the event of his death, she should just "call Oz" to come out and sort
through all of his racing stuff for her.  So, I'll be making a trip to
St. Louis in the very near future.
Much of the stuff is actually from his former G production Midget, which
he gave to my son several years ago (after collecting a spinning Alfa on
the banking at St. Louis International).  I'm rebuilding that one for my
son and me to race in vintage events, so, I'll probably buy all of those
spares from the estate.
However, Wang's main project, at the time of his death, was an ex-Terry
Terryberry F production (1275) Midget, which is a Huffaker tube-frame
car.  He bought is several years ago (following the Run-Offs) as a
rolling chassis, and had nearly completed it for himself.  Engine is in
the car, and there are some pretty interesting spares going with it.
So, if anyone might be interested in this car (which can NEVER be
vintage eligible) for SCCA club racing, stay tuned to this list for
updates.
Bud Osbourne