[Spridgets] Stock Markets - no LBC ( Asian parts? :))

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Stock Markets - no LBC ( Asian parts? :))
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:06:33 +0000
Don't kill me, I'm only the messenger! :)

- - -

After a tumultuous week, Asian markets rallied Friday as investors took
heart from Wall Street's gains overnight and positive U.S. labour market
data.

Traders also welcomed details of a tax rebate for American consumers
announced as part of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan.
The tax rebate will put $600 to $1,200 US in most tax filers' pockets.

"The markets are reacting to news that Bush and Congress have agreed to
accelerate tax rebates for U.S. consumers so they can go out and buy more
exports from Asia," said Francis Lun, a general manager at Fulbright
Securities in Hong Kong.

from:
http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2008/01/25/asia-markets.html