Re: [Spridgets] [Thicko] Suburu question

To: "'Ron Soave'" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [Thicko] Suburu question
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:12:23 -0500
Yeah, I remember hearing about a problem with the coil packs on the
first cars to be equipped with them.  But, VW certainly wasn't the only
German brand that used them.  Of course, there will have been a factory
recall on them, and Bosch will have rectified the problem, by now.
I seriously doubt that VW is loosing money on every Passat made since
'02.  I'm sure they've been able to recover a lot of their warranty
expenses from Bosch.  I've heard similar horror stories about certain
BMW and Mercedes models.
One thing I learned, long ago, about VWs (and I've worked as a VW
dealer salesman, a LOOOOOOONG time ago, and have friends working in VW
agencies), is to never buy a new VW model until it's been out for at
least a year or two.  They almost ALWAYS have a lot of problems with
newly introduced models, dating back to the ball joint front suspension
on the '66 beetle.
Re: the Audi A6 being a sister car of the Passat.....It's the A4 that is
the Passat sister car.  My father-in-law has owned several A6s, and they
are awesome cars.  But the Audi he liked the best was an early 90s model
90 CS Quattro.
Bud Osbourne