Re: [Spridgets] Have you guys seen this??

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Have you guys seen this??
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:37:24 -0500
>> allow kids to call their friends and associates by their first names

Hey!  I thought you were the hippy!!?  :)

>> all parents, back then, knew what the boundries were too.

I disagree.  Strongly!

I also knew of dishonest cops and pervert clergy and politicians who became
millionaires in a short time.  I dont put my trust in others so freely.

On another note, I cringed and just about went into shock ( so I
exaggerate?! ) the first time I got called Mr. Duquette.  It was a coming of
age, so to speak.

>> if you put your hands on my daughter, you are the one not going home that
night.

Likewise, Larry.  And, I'm quite open to having the neighbours inform me of
things, and give me their opinions; but I will raise my children.

From: Larry Macy [mailto:lmacy@phillymgclub.com]

Big 10-4 Bill.

BTW, I think it was those parents that started to allow kids to call their
friends and associates by their first names, instead of Mr. jones or Ms.
Smith, that started the issue of no respect. I did not learn my parents
friends first names until I was about 12. Then I still called them Mr. or
Ms, as a sign of my respect. My kids did the same as I felt they were owed
that respect. Oh and if I got yelled at by Mrs Orendorf from up the street,
you can bet dad found out about it.

Mr. Duquette, if you put your hands on my daughter, you are the one not
going home that night. Letting the neighbors teach the kids a thing or too
is not a bad deal, but all parents, back then, knew what the boundries were
too.

Larry