Re: [Spridgets] Kate's brakes

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Kate's brakes
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:30:57 -0600
Glen and everyone,

This sounds like a great idea Glen has! Let's all see what we can do to get
Kate on the road to Missouri!!  We have about 4 months to come up with the
brake parts and the "fix it" expertise. Kate lives near Spring Creek, Nevada
- just off I-80 at Elko.

What's wrong with the brakes, Kate?  What parts do you think will be needed?
Failing fixing the problem in situ is there a chance someone has trailer
room or could tow the car to Missouri? It would make a great project during
the celebration to get her ready to drive home!

I'm going to put something on the "50 Years of Spridgets" web page at
http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org so we can all keep tabs on how this
progresses.  This is definitely a worthy O.S.H.I.T. project, folks!

Cheers!!
Jim

On 3/7/08, Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> OK folks, I volunteered to stop by Kate's place on the way to Missouri to
> do
> the best I can in one evening to fix her brakes.  Is there a lister closer
> who
> can help sooner, so she might have a chance of planning on comming to
> Missouri?
> Another possibility is that I do all I can until I have to continue on
> down
> the road, and all you Pacific northwest listers that will be coming across
> on
> 80 each stop by Kates' place in turn to carry the baton.  Kind of a
> "tag-team-Buster-Cluster"?
>
> Glen

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29,
2008!!
For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>