Re: [Spridgets] Front End Reassembly

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Front End Reassembly
From: Chris M West <chris_west@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:19:59 -0400
John wrote:

Do you mean something like a silicone paste?
And when you lube brake calipers, what do you lube? A light shmear on
the piston seals?
Thanks.
JohnD

John - There is a specific silicone lube made for the sliding surfaces,
pins etc. of (mostly) domestic single piston calipers that slide on their
mounting brackets.   On the dual piston calipers used by our LBCs there
are no slider pins so you may not be familiar with this stuff.  It is NOT
the "rubber grease" that is (was) included in caliper and cylinder
rebuild kits.  That is an assembly lube that was also used to exclude
dirt / water from the boots, not provide ongoing lubrication.  The brands
with which I am familiar are 3M (#08946) , Versachem (#26080 & 26189) ,
AGS (#BK4 & BK8 ) and CRC (#05351).

Chris

AN5L35578